1. How to Enter the Contest:
a. The Country Legends contest will begin on October 1, 2019 and end on November 23, 2019. Giveaway date is November 23, 2019.
b. To participate in the contest, listen weekdays on WCTB. Listen for the cue to call, then be caller 5 at 207-660-4888 to qualify. We will take a total of 93 qualifiers—86 from on-air, 6 remote qualifiers, and 1 social media qualifier. Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
c. Only one qualifier per household.
2. Eligibility Restrictions:
a. The contest is open to all (WCTB) listeners who are 21 years of age or older and who reside in central Maine. Employees of (WCTB), its licensee, Mix Maine Media, their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the central Maine area and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
b. Listeners are eligible to win a (WCTB) contest only once every 30 days. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest.
c. Valid I.D. will be required for participation.
a. Grand prize is: round-trip airfare to LasVegas, 4-night hotel accommodations, a pair of tickets to George Strait on December 6th and Shania Twain on December 7, 2019 and a $500 Visa gift card, with a value of $5,500. Concert tickets and Visa gift card will be picked up by the winner at the WCTB studios, 295 KMD in Waterville. Airline tickets and hotel certification will also be picked up at the WCTB studio, 295 KMD in Waterville.
b. WCTB is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate if mailed.
c. Contest prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
4. Selection of Winners:
a. Decisions of station management with respect to the contest are final.
b. All qualifiers will be chosen by being caller 5 on air, random drawing, at live remotes and a social media qualifier. Qualifiers will be selected by November 20, 2019.
c. Grand prize to be awarded by WCTB on November 23, 2019.
d. At the giveaway event on November 23, 2019, beginning at 10am, qualifiers or their designated proxies, will register. The qualifiers are assigned a number from 1 up to 93 and are given the number as to which number qualifier they were during the qualifying. Numbered ping pong balls will be randomly selected during our live broadcast on November 23, 2019, those entries will be eliminated from the grand prize, with the one remaining ping pong ball being the winner entry. Winner will be determined by WCTB. There will only be one Grand Prize Winner.
e. If a qualifier is unable to attend the Grand Prize giveaway, they and only they can designate a proxy. A proxy is defined as a person who will attend the Grand Prize giveaway and be assigned as the original qualifier. If the proxy is determined to win at event, the original qualifier will be determined to be the winner, not the proxy. Any proxy designation by a qualifier must be done prior to November 21, 2019. To designate a proxy, the qualifier must come to our studios at 295 Kennedy Memorial Drive, Waterville during regular office hours between 9am and 4:30pm. The original qualifier must display a Legal ID, and then fill out the “Proxy Designation” paperwork declaring who will be their proxy. The proxy will have to bring a copy of the “Proxy Designation” paperwork and their Legal ID to The Station.
a. Payment of all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
b. By participating in the contest, the winner or winners (and their guest or traveling companion, if any) agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and to sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize.
c. WCTB in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the WCTB website, or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
6. WCTB reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
7. No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited.
8. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of WCTB.
9. WCTB is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize.
10. Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of WCTB, 295 Kennedy Memorial Drive, Waterville, or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
295 Kennedy Memorial Drive
Waterville, ME 04901
11. WCTB is not responsible for providing handicap accessibility for winners at any venue or event location for which tickets are awarded or station is promotionally involved with. Audience accessibility is the responsibility of the event or venue.
12. In addition to the above rules, our standard contest rules also apply.